Report Violations

Citizens can help report violations or problems they notice in their local streams before they cause more damage and pollution. Residents sometimes may be the first to recognize “illicit” discharges being directed into storm sewers or flowing out of storm sewer outfall pipes into streams. “Dry weather flows” – flows from storm sewer outfall pipes after 72 hours or more without rain – should be reported to Concord Township for further investigation. New storm water requirements from the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) require that we investigate more thoroughly potential illicit discharges (pollutants) into our storm sewers and streams.

You can help by promptly reporting the following events to the authorities listed here or in the "Who are you going to call?" attachment.

  • Sediment leaving a construction site during rain events and other construction violations (Delaware County Conservation District – send a photo if possible)
  • Observed pollution event or pollutants in stream (DEP)
  • Clogged, leaking or overflowing sanitary sewer lines (Concord Township)
  • Inadequately treated effluent from a sewage treatment plant
    (Concord Township Sewer Department & DEP)
  • Spills, hazardous materials (DEP or PEMA hotlines)
  • Illegal dumping into water courses or storm sewers (Concord Township & DEP)
  • Dry weather flows from storm sewer outfall pipes into streams (Concord Township)
  • Fish kills (Fish Commission & DEP)
  • Water main breaks (United Water Bethel or Chester Water Authority & DEP)

Township report sheets for construction site erosion and sediment issues can be downloaded. Click here for a Citizen Complaint Illicit Discharge Reporting Form.

For additional information, check out these websites: