In Concord Township, property owners receive three different real estate tax bills each year. Concord Township and Delaware County tax bills are mailed in February. Garnet Valley School District tax bills are mailed in July. Real estate taxes are based on a millage rate which is determined by each of these governing bodies each year.
In 2020, the millage rate for Concord Township is 0.981 mills. Delaware County’s tax rate is 5.604 mills. Garnet Valley School District’s fiscal year runs from July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020 and the millage rate for this period is 33.0721.
Real estate taxes are calculated by multiplying the local millage rate (property tax rate) by 1/1000th of the assessed value of the property. To calculate, take your ASSESSED value and divide by 1000, then multiply by the millage rate.
*Please note: Property assessments are set by the County.*
Sample Calculation of Concord Township tax:
If your home is assessed at $150,000:
$150,000 ÷ 1000 = 150 x 0.981 = $147.15
Lou Girolami - Tax Collector
Mr. Louis Girolami, the appointed Tax Collector, is responsible for the billing, collection and recording of Concord Township Real Estate Taxes. All tax related calls, questions and inquires should be directed to Mr. Girolami.
Please note: the Tax Collector does not work from the Concord Township Municipal Office.
To pay your real estate taxes in person, please refer to the information listed on your tax bill.
Who is responsible for paying real estate taxes?
All owners listed on the deed of a property are legally responsible
for paying the full amount of the real estate tax.
Failure to receive a bill does not alleviate you from the responsibility.
Original tax bills are mailed to the homeowner, not the mortgage company. If funds are held in escrow to pay real estate taxes, avoid duplicate or missed payments by checking with your lender to determine payment expectations. Failure to pay property taxes can result in a tax lien or foreclosure. If necessary, contact the tax collector for a copy of the tax invoice.
How to Make a Tax Payment
There are several ways to make payment of your Concord Township and Garnet Valley School District taxes. They are as follows:
- Mail your check and tax bill to the TD Bank address indicated on your tax bill.
- Checks sent to TD Bank without a tax bill will be rejected and delays in posting will be encountered.
- No electronic checks are to be mailed to TD Bank. Electronic checks mailed to TD Bank will be rejected and returned to the tax payer.
- Mail electronic checks to:
Concord Township, 43 S. Thornton Rd., Glen Mills, PA 19342.
- Hand deliver your check and tax bill to the Tax Collector on any of the dates indicated on the tax bill.
- Place your check and tax bill in a sealed envelope and drop in the lockbox located in the Township Building lobby during the township's normal business hours.
- Make an appointment to drop off your payment to the Tax Collector. Allow a minimum of 3 days advanced notice.
Do not place tax payments in township mailbox.
Tax payments made by mail must be postmarked on or before due date.
Township building closure is not an acceptable reason for late payment of taxes.
Concord Township staff are not permitted to accept tax payments.
Acceptable means of payment:
- Check payable to "Concord Township" or "Garnet Valley School District" (in payment of Township or School taxes respectively).
- Electronic check: the account field must reflect the folio number that appears on the tax bill. Account fields reflecting anything other than folio number will be rejected. (Electronic checks should be mailed to: Concord Township Taxes, 43 S.Thornton Road, Glen Mills, PA 19342)
*ELECTRONIC CHECKS ARE NOT TO BE SENT TO TD BANK.*
THEY WILL BE REJECTED.
*Electronic checks are not to be used to pay township interim taxes, school interim taxes or school installment taxes.*
*Cash, credit cards and money orders are not accepted.*
How to obtain a paid receipt:
- When mailing your payment or depositing payment in the lockbox located in the township lobby, enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope with the original and a photocopy of the tax bill. The photocopy will be stamped and returned to you.
You will need to make a copy of school installment bills and all interim bills.
- Make your payment in person on any date indicated on the tax bill.
Per Resolution No. 15-2020, a fee will be charged equal to the actual bank charge incurred by the Township plus $20 for each check used in payment that is returned unpaid due to insufficient funds.
Request for Tax Certifications and Duplicate Bills
Taxing and escrow agencies requesting tax certs or duplicate bills must fax their request to 610-459-8917 with a copy of their check payable to “Concord Township“. The request should clearly state the year(s) and jurisdiction (township and/or school). The fee is $20 per year for each jurisdiction. The request must also contain the e-mail address where the tax certification or duplicate bill will be sent. Tax certifications and duplicate bills will not be faxed or mailed.
The fee for rush orders, where a turnaround is desired within 72 hours of the request, is $25 per year for each jurisdiction. In addition, copies of the request and payment check should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
A research fee of $25, in the form of a check made payable to "Concord Township", is required for each time the tax collector is requested by a third party company to research folio information.
Please refer to the resolution link above (Tax Collector Services) for the current schedule of fees.
Fees should be remitted in a check separate from the tax payments and should be mailed to:
43 S. Thornton Road
Glen Mills, PA 19342
The Delaware County Treasurer should be contacted for any County tax certifications or County duplicate bill requests.
Concord Township Billing Information
Township taxes are billed February 1 of each year.
- If paid on or before March 31, a 2% discount will apply.
- If paid between April 1 and May 31, the face amount is due.
- If paid after May 31 and before December 31, a 10% penalty will apply.
After December 31, the year is closed and all unpaid taxes are filed with the Delaware County Tax Claim Bureau and will be subject to a filing fee and additional interest and must be paid to the County Tax Claim Bureau.
Delaware County Tax Claim Bureau
Government Center Building
201 W. Front Street
Media, PA 19063
Delaware County Billing Information
County taxes are billed February 1 of each year and are collected by the County of Delaware.
Delaware County Tax Office
Government Center Building
201 W. Front Street
Media, PA 19063
Garnet Valley School District Billing Information
School District taxes are billed July 1 of each year.
For more information, see your school district tax bill, call the Tax Collector or visit
Garnet Valley School District’s website: www.garnetvalleyschools.com
Please do not contact the township office for school district tax information.